If you have been going through constant fatigue, severe headache, chest pain, difficulty in breathing, these are enough to show the symptoms of hypertension inside you.
While stress plays a major role in hypertension, some of the common causes of hypertension include smoking, obesity or being overweight. Besides, diabetes, sedentary lifestyle, lack of physical activity, high salt and alcohol also adds to the woes.
However, with time, we have become more dependent on medicines and doctors, while we forget that our kitchen and ecosystem itself provides solution to maximum number of disases.
Here is a list of best five foods to beat hypertension:-
- Mulbery: From cancer, to high blood pressure, high cholesterol or hypertension, mulberry is the answer to all. This one fruit contains Anthocyanins, fibre and polyphenols that help prevent depression and other diseases.
- Citrus foods: Like oranges and lemon that is loaded with Vitamin C helps, you beat hypertension.
- Green leafy vegetables: Super rich in nitrates, the eye soothing green leafy vegetables helps to manage blood pressure and as per research, having 1–2 servings of nitrate-rich vegetables every day can reduce hypertension for up to 24 hours.
- Legumes and beans: Loaded with potassium, magnesium, and fiber, legumes and beans are full of all nutrients that have a positive impact on blood pressure levels and thus is good to beat hypertension.
- Berries: Be it strawberries, raspberries or any, include berries in your diet. The natural compounds called as flavonoids in these berries not just prevent hypertension but also lower blood pressure.
While these are some important foods, but one should also include all kinds of fruits, vegetables, or any plant-based food available locally in your region to keep diseases at bay.